Smoking or Non Smoking

Rita

Hi,

I have found this site a valuable place for information however I have done a search or this subject and cannot find anything other than on moles or food. If it has been posted before I apologise. Do any of you in the know suggest that there are rules on this in B&B's ie do you allow smokers or not? and if you do do you have designated smoking areas?
Thanks for any info.

Rita

Both my wife and I smoke. We do not allow smoking in the bedrooms and use smoke detectors to alert us if somebody does but it has not happened to date.

When we have a evening meal we allow smoking after coffee and likewise don't allow smoking before or during breakfast. Other than that people can smoke in the lounge or garden. The same rules are applied to us as well as the guests as you can't expect others to do differently than yourselves.

I thing it's a matter of common sense and good manners if you are a smoker and appreciate that some people object to smoking.

France is more 'smoker friendly' than the UK which is good for those of us that smoke. If we go out with non smoking friends we are quite happy to sit in a none smoking area, we can always go to the bar or outside and smoke. Likewise we don't smoke in front of children not only because of passive smoking but because it is a bad habit and like many of us that have not enough will power to give up don't want to encourage youngsters to smoke.

Chris

http://www.chambresdhote.com

Thanks so much everyone!

Glad to hear it is ok to go with Non-Smoking as I am an ardent non smoker and my husband is an ex-smoker(don't want to encourage him to start again!!)

Can't bear the thought of having the smell of stale smoke in our home. I used to run a pub and it was flippin awful especially when you went into the bar first thing in the morning, YUCK!!!

Rita