Fire regs what else

peterw

Hello to all,

I am trying to find out what are the big cost items if we were to go down the Hotel route. I am assuming from other posts that the Hotel regs are the most onerous in terms of cost. Therefore I am assumimg that the Hotel regs are the worste case scenario.

Assuming then that we base our assumptions on getting registration for an Hotel, what areas do I need to be concerned about? We have bought an existing property with extensive fire alarms throughout, including the kitchen which has some sort of heavy fire door that is released when smoke is detected within the kitchen. There are however no sprinkler systems installed. Are these a requirement or are the alarms enough?

What about fire doors and stair wells? These can be very ugly but I have noted them in some Hotels.

Any other major things to think about?

I noted that on another post, that someone was charged 4000 euro just for an inspection! Is this correct? It sounds very expensive to be charged this amount just to have an inspection done!

Hi Peterw

I hope i did not confuse you, i put the post on the forum about being inspected

The inspection has cost 4000 euros but that was to rectify the faults that were picked up by the fireman carrying out the inspection

The bulk of our problem was the requirement to have a fire alarm, i would suggest you contact your fire department tell them what you are going to do and get their advice

We had varying qoutes for the alarm ranging from 3000 euros to 6000 euros

Regards

Sam Edwards

www.chaletwensam.com