website advertising

DAVID

Help......

I have been trawling the internet for days now, trying to find the most popular websites to add our cdh.

I am very clear on the best /most popular ones in Holland and Belgium (the biggest visitors to our area) but when it comes to the UK I am LOST!

Do people tend to search c'hambres dhotes' or 'b&b'? Or both?? Or something else??

I have investigated 'bedbreak.com' although it seems expensive for what you get, with no apparent link to your own website? Does anyone use them? Are they good?  Visitfrance doesnt really inspire me as a site, is it any good? are there others that I have missed?

Can anyone recommend any good websites that produce UK cdh bookings please? It seems that the sites vary enormously depending on how you search and I cant afford to be on too many, I'd rather pay a bit more and be on the most popular (wouldn't we all?!)

Thanks for your help,

Muzzie

I can’t answer your questions regarding the websites you’ve come across already, but I can tell you what works for us and how we have found people tend to find us.

Firstly, people from the UK, by and large, search for B&B rather than CdH.

Secondly, a typical search would include the region and possibly some specific keywords. For instance: “B&B Burgundy, Wine” or “B&B Auvergne, Walking”

I don’t know which area you are in and what the main activities are around you, but we have found that this type of search is how our guests find us.

To then find the best website I would put the search into Google or MSN and see which site comes out on top. I did a quick Google on: “B&B Burgundy” and top of the list was: www.stopoverconnections.com.

Hope this helps – well, it works for us.