Invoices

Hello everyone,

Just 20 days till opening day after 2 and a half years of major renovation work (we still haven't got water and electricity but they should be connected next week... it's been a nightmare). Anyway being optimists or extremely foolish people, we have already taken some bookings for the summer so I would like your help regarding invoicing. Would someone mind sending me a template or sample invoice that they are using so I could see what information is required? We're not yet Siret registered (I am currently working in an estate agency and I am thinking of waiting to see how the business goes before I go to the Chambre de Commerce).

Many thanks in advance (and also for all the previous postings on this forum which have been very helpful). If I find time (ah... optimism rearing its ugly head again), now that I am going to be a fully-fledged 'chambriotière', I'll try to participate to the forum a bit more.

All the best

Franglaise
French born but British expat!

If you drop us a PM I can forward you a copy of what we use. If you're not registered, you'd be better just using a receipt book as it keeps everything much less formal; if the CD isn't your main source of income you wouldn't necessarily need to register.

More importantly, I'd be making contingency plans if I were you in case the water and/or electric aren't connected by the time the guests arrive. You certainly are living life on the edge!

Contact details edited by the moderators. Please do not post your personal details on the message boards.

All you need is a duplicate book, so that you have a copy of the bills.  You just need the date, the guests name and address and what you are billing them for, ie one night at so and so euros, 2 dinners at blah, blah, total = ???  One thing you need to do is make sure that you also add "TVA non applicable".

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Could you please elaborate on the TVA.  Can you remind me of the

percentage and  should I add this on to my tariffs?   At the moment all I do is invoice the clients for the room with B&B but nothing else.  I am not registered as a micro enterprise.

Thank you for your help

Diana Middleton

[quote user="Diana Middleton"]Can you remind me of the percentage and  should I add this on to my tariffs?
[/quote]

No, as the previous poster said, the very opposite - you must put "TVA non applicable"! You cannot charge TVA unless you are TVA-registered, and you cannot be TVA-registered without proper business registration. A TVA-registered business in turn cannot be registered under the micro-entreprise  tax regime, it must be régime réel (simplifié or normal).

What you must do, however small the enterprise, is register with your local mairie. There are several other threads about this, the new rules came iin last year. Here's one:
http://www.completefrance.com/cs/forums/1191626/ShowPost.aspx
And here's another:
http://www.completefrance.com/cs/forums/1208171/ShowPost.aspx