hygiene rules for Table d'hôte

I would welcome a little help for finding the regulations of Hygiene for a Table D'Hôte. I have looked through the forum for a link but have been unable to find one. In desparation called the local vetinary service in Arras. As it is friday afternoon I was told they are european with the code 852-2004, but just pop in the Prefecture at arras and make your declaration. But I would prefer to known the rules before we make our declaration. The other point I am finding complicated is the registration with RCS, which is not necessary as the Cd'H is secondary income, but the regs in french say is necessary for Td'H unless it is occassional,limited or exceptional, any ideas as to what is limited?

Here in PdC the majority of functionaires are superb at explaining things in french, then going in to perfect english when we question a point in french, but with the Table d'Hôte we have come up against small bricks walls, which we need to get over and we would appreciate your combined extensive knowledge in climbing those little walls, especially as we will be the only Cd'h in our large village.

thank you in advance Gillian[kiss]

If you are a chambre d'hôtes you only have to declare at your local Mairie.  For table d'hôtes you need a licence from the douane and provided your kitchen is clean and tidy and you stick to the table d'hôtes rules (one table, one meal, you eat with them) then that is it.  The principal of table d'hôtes is that it is in your own home at your own table.  Obviously you need to obey beasic hygiene rules but it is a home cooked home based affair.  Don't complicate life for your self if you don't have to.  You only need something more complicated if you are planning to cate for people who are not staying with you.

Thank you Cerise,

Probably getting paranoid, after a 10 min grilling on the phone by Douanes, as to when I would be serving drinks and what type and would I offer a beer to a guest who has just arrived, I answered no only with the meal, he/she could have coffee, tea or jus de fruits. The point was I was only enquiring where they were siuated, and the opening hours. We have registered with the Mairie, on course with petite licence resturant and just the table d'hôtes to finish off and will only be cooking for guests if requested.

Gillian

Good luck - get Licence 1 and 3 then you can serve beer/wine with meals.  With licence 3 you can also sell wine with meals if you want, but we have never bothered.  We supply reasonable stuff from local vineyard, and tell customers if they want something more exotic they are welcome to bring it in.  Surprise, they all drink the local stuff!![:)]