Force Travel Club scam

Had a phone call this afternoon from a nice chap telling me that he was looking for a rental property in our area to add to his list of adverts for army and police personnel looking for holidays. I pointed out that I don't rent my property, I am a B&B, he said "never mind we take them as well" obviously had done his homework! My first question is of course how much will it cost, the answer £149 and bookings were guaranteed. I asked what was their guarantee which turns out that if you don't get an enquiry via them they will give you next years advert free.

Personally I never commit on this sort of thing over the phone so I asked him to email me details (I am still waiting). I then go and do some research. Well strangely enough when you start typing their name in to google it tries to second guess what your looking for and gives you suggestions, top of the list was 'Force Travel Club Scam' which immediately sets the old alarm bells ringing. Further investigation reveals that the company behind this has set up several versions in the past all of which have gone bankrupt.

I'm not going to bore you with all the stuff I found, you can see for yourselves by simply following this google link force travel club scam

Needless to say its a scam of some sort so if you get a phone call from them I suggest you put the phone down and definitely don't part with any money.

By the way they told me that they found my details through Visit France and sort of implied they were something to do with them. I phoned Visit France who categorically denied any link and were rather annoyed (putting it mildly) that they had used their website to contact people and in implying a link. Their website does indeed exist and does have properties on it but then it would do because they tell you the website name so you can go and have a look to see who else is advertised in your region and what the website and adverts look like.