Sunseekers website

Fil

Hi,

anyone any experience with Sunseekers website?  I received an unrequested email offering six months I think of free advertising if I applied before 18th May.  Thought why not, so went to the trouble of creating the ad then found it wanted to charge me.  I had actually missed the small print which said you then had to email them once the ad was set up.  However, I did email them, asking why it now wanted to charge me?  This they completely ignored.  I forgot about it until this week received an email from them asking why I had not gone live with my ad, so emailed them back to say they had wanted to charge me.  They then said I should have emailed them, which of course I had, so I got cross and I am ashamed to say I called him a moron when I told him I had emailed him and he should look in his records.  Got quite a nasty little email back this morning, so promptly emailed him to praise him on his professional manner.

Anyone else had this?  These free offers usually amount to no enquiries, but I guess there is the smallest possibility they might generate something for the effort of putting ones details up.  The trouble is, they would probably only generate enquiries for peak season, which we could fill several times over anyway, with our mainstream advertising.

Anyone know of cheap or free sites which actually produce out of season bookings?  We are very content with where we advertise and have a good product to offer, which probably results in the enquiries we get being so high I suppose, but we could always do with those lower priced and less profitable out of season lets. 

Fil

Hi Fil

If it is any consolation I got caught by this site as well but in a different way.  I received an unsolicited e-mail offering free advertising so thought I would give it a whirl.  Entered all the details plus access codes etc.   I was not requested to pay anything.

However, my advert appeared on the site but without the calendar.  I then received an enquiry from a very poshly spoken woman making an enquiry and I was booked for the week she required.  She then got quite upset and said why hadn't I filled in the calender.  I then of course tried to get back into the advert to use the calender and discovered I had to pay for this.  Presumably this is how they make their money. - just shows there is no such thing as a FREE LUNCH.

I decided I couldn't really be bothered with it so did just e-mail and ask for the ad to be removed which it has been.

CaroleS (16)