sun lounger cushions

Brian

Does anybody know where we could obtain those waterproof sun lounger cushions, the type you see around the hotel pools in the med.

We are buying a property with 3 gites, pool, 8 sunbeds but no cushions and they aint half hard on your bum!

Thanks loads you've come up trumps before. 

We are in a similar position to you but use a combination of some good quality cushions with removable covers that can be washed, and some cheap ones that can be replaced each year. We usually attempt to dash out and bring them under cover if it rains - although that doesn't stop wet bodies coming out of the pool and lying on them!  On the odd occassion they get wet, they dry out quite quickly.

We are now considering, for next year, replacing all our loungers with the latest type that use a fine mesh soft plastic instead of the usual hard slats. They now seem to be cheaper to buy than some of the better cushions and are very comfortable. We have tried out a couple of La Fuma loungers with this type of covering this year and they are excellent.

I'm not sure I would want to lie on a plastic covered cushion!

We have good quality thick cushions which have washable covers  for all our sunloungers, but I got them shipped over from the UK, I haven't seen any of similar quality in France, I'm afraid. Wooden garden furniture is incredibly uncomortable without cushions, I agree.

They've had them in several of the brico stores this year, but by now everyone is selling off whatever remains of their stock as the season for buying garden furniture is over for another year - expect to see big displays of woodburners in the stores within the next couple of weeks !

If you take a look at THIS LINK it will give you an idea although I've seen better ones (some with aluminium frames) at lower prices. The best time to buy is early May when everywhere is well stocked.