Advertise with this shower?

SC

Any of you received a spam with 1.7 megabytes of attachments from a Tony Preston? 15 minutes+ download time on a dial up connection, what a nerve!
In my opinion such a lazy and thoughtless e-mailshot for his property magazine is indicative of a similarly produced publication and I urge you not to give him any encouragement to repeat the practise.
Steve

[quote user="Sc"]Any of you received a spam with 1.7 megabytes of attachments from a Tony Preston? 15 minutes+ download time on a dial up connection, what a nerve!

In my opinion such a lazy and thoughtless e-mailshot for his property magazine is indicative of a similarly produced publication and I urge you not to give him any encouragement to repeat the practise.

Steve[/quote]

Entirely agree. Does your emailer have an option to leave messages over a certain size on the server, so you can review the subject line to see whether you want to download it or kill it straightaway? I really like this in Mailsmith. [:D]

"Does your emailer have an option to leave messages over a certain size on the server, so you can review the subject line to see whether you want to download it or kill it straightaway?"

Yes it does, I've just upgraded to Outlook XP and had assumed that the default maximum message size was 100KB like the older version, however it's 5MB. It's a bit tucked away, but there's an option to download message descriptions only on messages over a selected size, so I've set it now.

"Have you pointed out to the sender what they are doing and how irresponsible it is. What response did you get from them"

Yes I have, but no response yet. He may not have liked what I said.

Steve