Micro Bic - Is it necessary to register with Gites de France?

Pippa

Our accountant has told us that, in order to continue with the 71%/29% regime in Micro Bic, we must register with Gites de France. If we do not then our level of turnover allowed will also drop. I would love to know where we can find a definitive answer to this question. Does anyone know the answer?!

I had a meeting today with the head of communite de communes and the VP délegué au tourisme on this and other subjects.

To retain the 71% abattement you need to be classified by one of the accreditation organisations of which Gîtes de France is just one of many, personally I would avoid them as they have a vested interest and I found today that both the people were trying to push me towards them.

Something else came up which they had no answer for, if you run the gites or in my case meublées de tourismes under AE there is no abattement and I think the percentage deduction be it 12 or 22% is unchanged whether you are classified or otherwise, again they were doing their best to convince me that AE was a really bad idea but when questioned could not give any reason, it all made me a more than a little suspicious.

Finally if you are classified then the taxe de sejour that you pay will go up, the figures for my area are 20cts for unclassified rising to 90cts per day dependant on the number of stars.

hope that answers your question and I would like to ask a couple of my own to the forum, something I have asked on another forum but with little respose to date.

Running gites/meublées on AE does being classified give any financial advantage?

Is there a maximum number of gîtes/meubleés on one site (or maximum number of guests) imposed like for chambre d'hotes being 5 bedrooms maximum 15 guests, I have searched high and low and cant find anything other than uninformed speculation that it should be the same, which I agree with but cannot find a legal text.

Thanks Chancer. Sorry not responded before but only just seen your reply.

We have been all over the place trying to sort this out. Been to Tax Office today who says that we do not need to register with GdF (which is extremely expensive for us) but we should visit our Tourist Office (in Montignac) who will help us to get 'classification' which is sufficient to retain the 71/29 split under the MicroBic regime.

Apparently it is possible to get classification without a star rating, which we will try to do in order to keep tax de sejour down.

In response to the second part of your post. If there is a maximmum number of bedrooms and guests we are going to be in the merde because we have 12 bedrooms and up to 23 guests!

Had a meeting with the chambre de commerce this morning, you are correct re the classification although they reckon that if its declared as revenues fonçières non professionel then the abattment remains at 71% , he is however going to double check the point, in any case to get classified here the comité departmental de tourisme will organise it and it only costs €100 for 10 years so not a dealbreaker, you are correct its better to go for the minimum of stars or even be unclassified (if you can still get the full abattement) as the taxe de sejour goes up according to the number of stars.

Regarding max number of chambres we talked about this, it is in the regs for chambre d'hôtes but applies equally to gites/meublées in the measure that beyond 5 bedrooms or more than 15 guests any hebergement is deemed to be an ERP, etablissment reçevant le publique and is bound by strict regulations regarding fire protection, handicapped access etc etc.

So technically you are in the **** but like most things in France it is expected that you will not only know but obey the regulations, keep quiet and dont upset the competition and you probably wont be hassled, I dont know if there are sanctions, if they are imposable or if the relevant body has the right of entry to check compliance.

I can think of many establishments that dont comply, I will be checking the law in depth in due course but for the moment its not a priority, only when I come to do the 6th apartment which may yet be used for other purposes.

• 11 months later...
I spotted this up to date article while looking for something else:

http://www.toutsurlesimpots.com/location-meublee-pas-de-classement-requis-pour-le-regime-fiscal-des-gites-ruraux.html

I was trying to find out if the various fiscal limits for letting, 23K, 32K, etc get upgraded annually?

Also if "revenues locative" are considered to be before or after abattement?

Steve