Yet again swimming pools

Joric

Sorry to go on yet again about the pool fiasco but I thought that just maybe I would order a pool cover.My pool supplier rang the manufacturer who confirmed on the telephone that the product had passed all the afnor requirements.However more importantly could someone confirm that responsibility lies with the pool owner at all times and that if you had an afnor approved fence with a gate that someone wedged open, together with an afnor approved cover that they did not bother to close,the owner would still be liable.What about owners who do not live near the property or even in the same country.I apologise if all this has been covered before.The alarm seems a simple solution but I feel that you would get a lot of unhappy clients with all those decibels blasting off (I need 2 alarms) especialy if it is always the other family staying that set the alarms off.
Any thoughts anyone?
Richard

I'm afraid I can't answer your question (you need a lawyer!) but having just researched and ordered a pool (and a spa, which cost more than the pool) I can tell you that if you have an above-ground pool, then you do not need any security, or planning permission. Wierd.

Nick
I love URL's in sigs