FENCING WORK - SWIMMING POOLS

TRACEYTREACLE

We are moving to France in the next 6 months and I am looking for information regarding fencing.  My husband has been a fencer for the last 16yrs and we wondered whether there would be a niche in the market for good qualified fencers as we've heard about the new law for swimming pools all being fenced off. 

Do you have to be registered as an Artisan??  Would anyone know where I would find any information regarding this subject.  We are moving to the Aveyron Region South West France.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Tracey

• 3 weeks later...
As there are between 750,000 and 1,000,000 pools in France there will inevitably be opportunities for experienced people to install fencing. There are a number of companies in the market looking for installers to sell and install products, you just need to trawl the web a little.

As for being an Artisan - this I don't know the answer to, however I suspect that you would need to be. Certainly you would require a SIRET and all the relevant insurances. You should be able to get information on this from your local Chambre de Metiers, or a good place to start would be the local Mairie.

You might well find that there is a local pool company who require experienced installers as it is extremely unlikely that, given the size of the potential market, every pool in France will be protected by the deadline of 1 Jan 2006

Best of luck

Richard