The Endless Pool.

Lautrec

I have a inflatable rubber swim pool 16'x 4'. It is now in its second season and in the hot weather is indispensible! I immerse myself in it many times a day to keep my cool. The big snag is that you can swim across it with three or four strokes and then about turn and back again. This can be quite frustrating!

I investigated the 'endless pool' principle; a current making machine with which you can keep swimming in the same place, but these are more of a permanent fixture and are much too expensive.

Then I had a very good idea. With a length of cord; three bungees and a suitable growing tree, I have solved my dilemma. I tie the cord in the tree about ten foot above the ground. Attach the three bungees; the last one in a loop; get into the pool with the loop around the waist and start swimming. Believe me it works a real treat and you can really get in some very good exercise in this way. If you dont believe me, give it a try!

If you need any further information, email me and I will send you a couple of pictures.

Happy swimming!

Lautrec