Pool instalation problem sorted.

Pun

As you may know we are sorting out a gite refurb, and we asked the local  dept if we could put a pool in the ground, No was the reply, and it was said that in this dept no one english or french could have the in-ground pool as this was farmingland "a sort of green belt thing".

We did talk to our locals (8 houses in 6 mile area) and 2 said they'd asked only last year and the reply was a firm no.

We had sent plans in twice showing that this would not have anything to do with farming and that our local's didnt mind infact welcomed the idea, but still NO was the reply.

By reading the local notice bourd in the village of all forth coming events we also noticed that every month an officer visited the mairie/office and if you had any complaints you could talk to him.

we went on the said day of his visit at 9am and found we didnt have to wait as we thought many people would have complaints to be delt with we were the only ones there.

We put our case that many empty properties could be seen around here and that the schools needed more children to make the schools worth while, and that if we put an above ground pool in it gave no extra rates to the local communities and these above ground pools did not have the same saftey laws as the in ground ones did.

Having said all this and that its about time we woke up to the needs of the locals and the amount of rates being wasted by not having safe pools,

I thought we'd said enough, the officer said he agreed 100% and we would have a reply within 3 month.

Well the outcome is the pool was fitted 6 weeks ago and will be finished later this week or next,

So if you have been refused ? dont give up try this way it just might be the way forward.

regards Pun.

Hi Gary,

It's funny you saying that because last year when I was waiting to sign for this gite, I had asked the owner if he minded me taking some photo of the place as I was in the area, on arrival in august it was a very hot saturday and as I turned down the lane I found the fire service trying to put out the long grass that was burning and heading for the house, the tree's blazing and after they managed to get it undercontrol I was asked if I owned the place as the fire was caused by ale bottles that had piled up in this long grass and the sun had caused a refective reaction and a fire, only about an hour ago two of the very firemen that put the fire out called to sell this years calender.2007 I told them the pool was nearly finished and they said they new about our asking months ago, so your correct about the water being of use to everyone.