Problems with swimming pool installation

Rozmum

We had a pool installed last May by Aquilus of Angouleme and within months of the installation the liner went very wrinkly.  I won't go into all the details but Aquilus accepted that there was a problem and said that it would be changed by April of this year.  I phoned them today and they said that they cannot now do this because it is the subject of a judicial hearing - due to the fact that the Assurance company will not accept liability for the 7 clients that this problem has affected!! [:@] I just wondered if any of the other clients - who I assume are in or around Angouleme - are members of this forum.  A sort of 'United we Stand' gesture because this is not the only problem we have had with this company and have lost faith in them now.

If there is anyone out there in a similar position please get in contact.

Hello Rozmum

I'm new to this forum and I've read your message tonight

Just to say, we had someone come round from the Aquilus Angouleme office today to give us a quote on a 8x4 pool.

I was about to add a message myself for any recommendations of other companies

I am of course interested to know your views of Aquilus having learnt about your liner problems and the 'after service'

Marmite

Just in case anyone is interested...............having had problems with getting Aquillus to even telephone us for the last 6 months we had a visit from the boss man this afternoon.  I told his assistant last evening that we were now about to take legal action and as if by magic the boss man found himself in our area today......'just passing through'!  He thought he would let us know that despite the problems he is having with his Assurance company he is going to go ahead and order a new liner for us and have it installed within three weeks.  I think he expected us to be very very grateful whereas it is not actually our problem that his Assurance company is playing up!  Anyway, hopefully, we will have a fully functioning pool soon.........I'll keep you informed.  Interesting how things can change so quickly at the mention of an avocaat.[:)]