Covering Christal pool

Mrh74

Hi, I have installed a Christal Pool at our house in the Vendee and at present have no cover for it. The pool is fully fenced, so safety and law wise we are covered by the fence.

What I'm struggling to decide is if a cover is needed and if so what type. As I see it at the moment I can buy a solar cover for retaining warmth, reducing evaporation etc. for the summer; I've also been looking at the solar sun rings. http://www.h2ofun.co.uk/solar_sun_rings.asp, but I worry about them being "lifted" as we are not there all the time; and a winter debris cover for the winter.

As we are not there all the time, I think we need a cover that is going to exclude light to help reduce the deteriation of the water quality while the pool is own its own, so that would suggest to me that the solar cover is not needed, and we should go for a dark winter cover that is easy enough to put on and take off. Or should I not bother with the light exclusion and use a solar cover, or should I forget about a cover all together for the summer and just get a winter debris cover. Sorry for the ramble, but I'm confused. Any suggestions / experiences will be greatfully accepted.

Cheers
Mark