Ecoswim

I've come across this "new" product called Ecoswim. It states that it is " à base d'oxygène actif". It is ecologically sound and allows you to do without chlorine or ph testing. All you have to do is repeat the treatment every 2-3 weeks during the season depending on water temperature. Sounds too good to be true. Does anyone have experience of this product?

Jan Laury

Hydrogen Peroxide ... is hydrogen peroxide .. is oxygen activ... is ecoswim.

It is not new, nor is it in any way ecological (you can make a bomb out

of it) and its not cheap 40 -50 time dearer than chlorine.

If you start this regimer then you have to continue otherwise its very difficult to convert back.

Andrew

Probably, possibly more?

Something else I though. If you only chuck this stuff in once about every 3 weeks how does it maintain the same strength for that time.

I would have thought that the concentration would be strong when it went in and would deplete as the time goes by. If it does then it would have to be over strength at the begining and under at the end of the period. Call me daft, but if it don't work that way why do you have to top it up at all after the first time?[8-)]?

Oh, I get it, slow release of course. What happens if you have more people than usual in the pool, all sweaty from the hot sun, with sun cream too. Does it increase the amount of chemical to compensate?

I still think that I will stick to my javel. Especially now I have got my new valves fitted!!