problem with polyester pool

Sonia

Hi,

April this year we had a polyester inground pool installed.  The pool is already showing "surface" cracks/fissures in 3 places.  Unfortunately my french is still limited, but I understood the supplier to say that the cracks are not a major problem and are just in the gel coating. He has said that between Nov-Feb the manufacturer will send someone out to repair them. 

I am led to believe that the gel coating is guaranteed for 2 years, but am concerned that we are having problems already.

1 of the cracks is at the bottom of the pool, and I am thinking the pool will have to be emptied for it to be repaired- who will pay the water costs I wonder ?

Has anyone had a similar problem ?

Any advice please ?

Thanks

Son

I do not like the sound of this problem at all.

If the gel coat has cracked then its sure that there is some ground movement somewhere to cause it. I hope that the problem is just superficial and not systemic.

I would be very careful with this situation and make sure that its not a matter of 'painting over the problem' in the hope that it will either go away or not be noticed till the guarantee expires. I don't like resin pools very much for that reason, I do not think that they are suitable for everywhere even though there are displays and providers popping up everywhere it seems.

Read your T&C carfully before your installer comes back to repair to be sure what are your rights, and if your in doubt then get a second opinion, as its too late to complain after the state period if your pool starts to leak. A major leak repair in a resin pool can be very costly.

As for the water, its a minor cost but I would expect him to pay for the refill unless it states otherwise in the T&C.

Andrew