Pool Fence, Certificat de Conformite

Fauvette

Hi, We installed our pool for gites 2 years ago,Bought the AFNOR recommended fence and installed it ourselves. We are now selling and on the compromis they are asking for a certificate. My Mairie says it is not neccessary,the fence has the AFNOR stamp on it and we are inspected  yearly by the Sanitary dept to test the water and they are happy. HELP do we need to get someone in to check it, if so who

Paul

Hi

When we sold we went for the opposite and whilst we had a conforming security cover we stated that we could not guarantee that it met current legislation and the the purchaser should carry out their own investigation and act accordingly.  We supplied a leaflet (which did state it was legal at time of our purchase of the cover) and sales receipt and left them to it.

I would suggest you try to do something along these lines as you do not want to be held responsible if anything happens in the future.

[quote user="Fauvette"]

Hi, We installed our pool for gites 2 years ago,Bought the AFNOR recommended fence and installed it ourselves. We are now selling and on the compromis they are asking for a certificate. My Mairie says it is not neccessary,the fence has the AFNOR stamp on it and we are inspected  yearly by the Sanitary dept to test the water and they are happy. HELP do we need to get someone in to check it, if so who

Paul

[/quote]

Paul

The equipment is certified that you have confirmed as there is a stamp on the fence and should therefor conform. Some fences also come with a certificate in their manual of installation instructions. Normally its for the installer ( in this case you) to certify that the conforming fence was installed according to the manufacturers specifications- You can do no more than that. If you do so how ever, be aware that you are liable for the installation in that, if there is an incident where the compliant security is to be examined by and expert in the course of Litigation then your attestation will be tested for its worth. If it is found that you have not installed the fence correctly then it could be that the full weight of responsibility for the incident could fall on your shoulders. I would not expect that this would actually occur but it is consquence of the question.

Andrew