air in the pool pump

FCMoux

Hello,

Everytime I  switch on the pool pump, I see bubbles being blown into the pool and also when I switch off the pump, the same thing happens(more sucking back like a container filling with water). This has only occurred in the last two/three weeks, I think due to the water level at the skimmer having been too low and sucking in a mixture of water and air. The pump is below the level of the pool( which is an inground pool), it is the usual combination of pre filter, sand filter etc. The pools has two skimmers, two "buses de refoulement", where I see the bubbles and a "buse d'aspiration", when I use the robot on the "aspriation circuit", I dont have the "sucking back "effect when I switch off the pump. I have lubricated the "o" ring  in the pre-filter.  I can also see large bubbles in the pre-filter.  How do I purge the air from the system?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  We do not seem to be losing any water.

Many thanks

FC Moux

Hello,

Thankyou for the prompt replies, I belatedly found the vent on top of the sand filter and have proceeded to vent the air, this appears to have removed some of the air . However after running the pump for a period of two or three hours the air seems to come back. I don't appear to be losing pressure on the "manometre" , if anything it seems to working better. Do I continue with this method, or should I begin to work back from the pump until the pool? I suppose I will have to start the process of removing the paving stones to see if I can get access to the pipes, when the air bubbles blow into the pool, they seem "clean" so I hope the air leak is more centered on the pump. Thanks again for any ideas, like all things the pool is great when working and being our first year with a pool, I am on a steep learning curve. For information, the pool was constructed about 20 years ago, it is a concrete pool (11x 5m) and holds around 80m3 of water.

FC Moux

May I suggest that before removing any paving stones that you have your system pressure tested. This will determine were there is a leak, it is a fairly simple job and not time consuming. As you have seemed to have done the simple checks, I would  find a pool person with the equipment as in the long run this is the best and cheapest method of finding where the leak is. It could be as simple as a joint needing re gluing.

Baz

Superior product ----  not a chance! I'll bet that your is below the level of yer pool where as mine is just above[:P]. That gives me a built in safety factor if the filter, pump or anything else decides to give up and leek big time [geek][8-|]

And I'll bet that you haven't got the Tate Modern look that my mates pipework took on after the solar misbehaved, so there [:P][:D]

[IMG]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f180/Jonzjob/Matespipe1.jpg[/IMG]