Health cover in France.......Help!!!

Ham

I am moving to France in July for 1 to 3 years.

I retired 5 years ago through injury but am 43 years old and receive a pension.I have not been in paid employment since and have not paid national insurance

Does anyone know what I can do to obtain health/medical cover in France.

So far none of the topics discussed seem to cover my circumstances

Suggest you start in the UK with the DSS at Newcastle and clarify (in writing too) exactly where you stand as to cover in France. Then when you get a reply, visit the CPAM where you intend to live in France and sort the same problem out with them as medical cover in France is expensive and you need to pay up front before receiving a reimbursement in a lot of cases. Get everything in writing and in duplicate or triplicate as France is a nation of paperwork.If you havn't paid up to date NI contributions then I don't hold out much hope for pre-paid health care in France via the UK DSS.

You do not say what kind of pension you are getting or what benifits you receiveIf you are in receipt of Long term incapacity benifit:Severe disablement allowance:widows benifit:retirement pension you may be able to get an E121 which will entitle you to health care cover in France under the normal rules.