What do I tell my neighbours...?

Adrian

I have just had a "sub-acromial decompression" and will be going out to our house to for a week to recover. I want to tell my neighbour what has happened but haven't a clue what such an operation would be called in France. I could shorten it to a "shoulder athroscapy" if that is 'easier'?!

Anyone know what I should say? "I've had an operation on my shoulder..." sounds a bit weak compared to the heaps of medical detail she went into when she had her veins done!

[quote]Whatever you say, you're French neighbours will be thrilled. The French must surely be the world's biggest hypochondriacs and love nothing more than talking about your ailments and their own. Best w...[/quote]

Too true! Not only did we have great detail about the veins last year, about 8 years earlier we were invited in for aperitifs and treated to 3 hours of his internal problems which we started off thinking was the result of a vasectomy gone wrong but was, in fact, some form of gastric problem! You can see why I'm keen to get the technical terms right this time!

Thanks for the best wishes - fortunately, as a result of the operation I can no longer use a keyboard and mouse quickly enough to over-use the Forum because now the Olympics are over there's so little to do at home it's tempting to sit in front of the PC all day!