Another pregnancy question

chegerty

Could someone answer a question for me?

I'm 18 weeks pregnant and have been seeing a consultant at a clinic since about week 11. Today I received a letter from the local PMI inviting me to contact a midwife for an appointment. Is this instead of the consultant or as well as? I didn't even realise there was a local PMI or I wuld have contacted them much sooner.

Any help gratefully received as the whole pregnancy/ health care bit is proving rather stressful!

Thanks

Catherine

Firstly congratulations !!!

The PMI will help you with your questions about the healthcare / which hospital - the birth / perhaps help you arrange to see everything at the hospital aswell . Ask them for a leaflet that explains their services.

I found I didn't see much of them until after the birth when they started to come to our house on a weekly basis to weigh baby , check he was OK etc and ask if you are OK aswell. After three or four of these visits I was more confident to say I would be OK and I found out where their surgery was so if I needed to ask anything I could go there . They have a mine of information and are very friendly

bonne chance