Healthcare system for the Irish?

Fitzsie

As a UK citizen and now living in France I am still waiting for a reply from the DWP regarding my E106! My partner holds an Irish passport although he has resided and worked in the UK for the past 35 years. He has also applied for the E106. It has just occurred to us that as an Irish passport holder there maybe different rules for him when applying for inclusion within the French healthcare system. Does anyone have any infor regarding his situation. I'm about to check out the Irish consulate but would appreciate anybody elses experience.

I don't think the citizenship matters. What matters is having paid into the UK system.

I am a French citizen who lived for nearly thirty years in Ireland. I could not get a E106 because the system of funding the healthcare system in Ireland is different from the UK and Ireland only gives E106 to workers being poted temporarily abroad.

Being a French citizen did not entitle me to anything either since I had not been paying into the French system. The Irish authorities told me to use my E111.....

Domi