Carte Vitale recall for updating?

sid

For the second year running our CPAM (Niort, Deux-Sevres) office has requested that we, or rather my wife, returns her Carte Vitale and Attestaion whilst it is updated. This seems very odd to me; why not just issue new ones? My wife is not of pensionable age yet, but has an E121 because of a pre-existing incapacity. With all the headlines about withdrawal of health cover it's a bit of a worry sending these things off and not knowing if they'll definitely come back. Obviously last year they were returned, after a couple of weeks.

Has anyone else had to do this?

Sid

Hi Sid

When we transferred onto CMU following the expiry of our E106 in January (just in time, I guess), the letter which came with the new attestation just asked us to update our carte vitale.  We got the girl in our pharmacie to do it without any problems.

I've now received my CMU renewal attestation dated to 31 March together with the standard refusal letter which asks us to call into the Niort office to have our carte updated with our new benefits. 

Given the impending revision of the situation for existing CMU affiliates (and being the optimist that I am...) I've just filed the documents away until they write to me again saying the exclusion no longer applies.  In the meantime, we continue to use the carte (for prescriptions and some physio for my wife) and it appears to be still working.

Why not ask your pharmacist to check that the carte is showing the update?

When I got my CV ages ago the sheet of paper that came with it said about how it would need updating around a particular date.  About 9 months after that date I updated it in a pharmacy.  They had a dedicated machine for the last but it looked just the same as all their other machines (so probably to avoid queues on the main till).  I was covered by an E106 then and still am now - so the update was part way through the E016 validity.

Ian

Thanks SD and Ian

My wife has regularly had her card updated at our local pharmacy, but I think your suggestion, SD, is good; we'll take it, and perhaps mine as well, into the pharmacy tomorrow.

We worried about this last year, wondering if there was a more sinister reason behind the request, but they were returned together with a new attestation after about a fortnight.

Surely we can't be the only ones in this situation?

Here's hoping we get them back!

Sid 

I decided to phone the CPAM office for clarification. It turns out that all we have to do is sign a declaration (which was enclosed) and return it, not the Carte Vitale or Attestation, whereupon a new Attestation will be issued and the Carte Vitale can be updated in the usual way at the pharmacy. Phew!

The declaration relates to incapacity benefit received from UK.

Sid