Oxygen-Cluster Headache

Jay

Jay, I wouldn't assume that in France they will give you the oxygen treatment.  They really do much of the medicine differently here and for many unusual conditions you can find them much more forward thinking than in the UK.

You need to discuss this with your GP in France asap and also find out about the possibility of getting registered after three months with a maladie longue duree which will give you 100% cover for the cluster condition.

As Tony says you really need to be talking with your GP.

However, depending on your own history and the type of headaches you suffer then I think you are as likely to get oxygen therapy here as in the UK. It is a well established treatment for the condition - along of course with many others. It is one of those conditions that being difficult to treat has attracted many different cures!

I wish you well, it is an extremely painful and debilitating disease so make sure you have the best advice

- Whether it counts as an affection de longue durée I do not know, again something to ask your GP

Thanks for your advice. I have had the condition for many years.  My wife and I are retired and we are still resident in the UK.  We are exploring the possibility of moving to France sometime this year so we are anxious to get as much info as possible before definitely making a final decision.  This forum is brilliant.