Unexpected repayments!

trastu

Hi there

Something a bit weird has happened - twice!!

My husband was covered for his health care by CPAM with me as a dependent as I don't work enough hours to be covered in my own right. When he registered as an auto-entrepreneur last Nov. the health care switched to RSI again with me as a dependent.

We were asked to update our carte vitales by RSI and my husbands card updated succesfully but mine would not update.

During the period that we were trying to sort this out I needed to see the doctor for the first time since being here and as my card no longer worked (as I was no longer covered by CPAM) I paid the 23 euros consultation fee and the only thing that the doctor gave me was the 'medecin traitant' declaration form which I filled in and sent off to RSI.

Then a few days later I received a cheque from CPAM in the amount of 14.40 euros relating to that consultation. The strange thing is that a) we are no longer covered by CPAM but RSI and b) I never claimed the cost of the consultation from anyone.

When I went back to the doctor a second time a couple of weeks later (having found out in the meantime that I am now registered on my husbands carte vitale) I used my husbands card and did not in fact have to pay anything at the time of the consultation. We have today received a cheque from RSI in the amount of 15.40 euros relating to the second consultation.

If I didn't pay anything at the time of the consultation shouldn't any payment have gone straight to the doctor? Again I haven't actually sent any paperwork in to claim any repayment.

Any thoughts anyone?