Should I still be paying for Sky

Please could someone clear something up for me. Am being a bit dense but can't seem to find definitive answer in threads.
We have a Sky digibox, card and dish, which works perfectly in our French house.
Question is- do I still need to pay Sky each month? We have a direct debit contract for 30odd quid. Have a slight impression that when you've got the kit you can sort of disappear from Sky contract.
We have had the contract for two years and still have a UK address though we don't live their. Don't want the bailiffs knocking on the door of our tenants.
Any help appreciated.
Em

As you had had and been paying for the box for over twelve months you can cancel without them either seeking to reposses the box and dish. However unless you want to also loose ITV1,C4 and C5 it is probably a good idea to sort out the FTV card for these in advance.

OK thanks for that and I think I am a bit clearer now. Basically, I'm sure we have the series 2 card, which was issued earlier in 03, but as Johnfmarshall points out, we do have access to loads of channels and as I am not quite ready to let them go, think I will just keep the contract going. I looked at my contract today and we are actually paying 40! which could be seen as us being cultural illiterates and watching to much tv altogether, however, I like to think that we have wide interests!
Maybe will reduce the contract level though, 'cause most of the time I only use tv for radio 4 fm. WHICH RAISES ANOTHER QUESTION which I will put in another thread in case anyone else is interested.
Thanks again
Em