Suitability of electrical appliances

Does the different voltage in France have any practical significance for using UK appliances in France? I see that my printer is 220/240v, so presumably it is OK. Without checking all my stuff, are there any guidelines or obvious pitfalls?
I hope to be moving in a couple of months and help on what I might need to replace would be very useful. Also, does anyone know if my PAL camcorder will work on a French-bought TV?

Welcome!

In theory at least, the UK & France have the same mains voltage. In practice it isn't, but it doesn't matter. All your UK equipment will work ( a kettle may take a little longer to boil etc etc, due to the slightly lower voltage). Just change the plugs.

Be aware that French mains supplies tend to be limited, so a large UK-sourced electric cooker may keep blowing your trip.

Your PAL camcorder will probably work on a French TV (they tend to be PAL, the UK standard & SECAM, the FRench one) - it will certainly work via the A/V or SCART socket on any TV.

Nick
http://www.aplaceinfrance.com

We live in quite a large house, with a biggish gite and have all sorts of electrics running, with no problems. You can apparently have different power supplies ie 12,24 or 36kw(don't quote me on the numbers) to suit size/usage. We def. don't have the highest. On the whole, we haven't changed any appliances and have had no "trips". Not sure about your PAL situ. No doubt someone on here will know the answer.
Em