Satellite dish + 2 boxes

Does anyone out there know if I can take 2 separate feeds (to different Tv sets) from the same satellite dish? We have 2 adjoining houses and would like to install a satellite system (particularly now I've found out from the forum that I can get them at Lidl!), but obviously don't want to put up 2 dishes if I can get a good enough signal from one dish. Do I need to get 2 boxes, or can I just split the signal somewhere in the loft? This satellite stuff is all new to me as we use a freeview box here, so I would really appreciate any help!

p.s which Uk channels can you pick up with the Lidl dish?

I believe the main FTA channels which you can pick up with out a card, and therefore using a Lidl digital receiver are : BBC1, BBC2, BBC3 BBC4, Sky News(501), Euro News, The Horror Movie Channel , and a good selection of Radio including Classic FM all national BBC radio except 5 live, . TCM, C4 C5 and ITV now needs a card and therefore a SKY digibox.

You can source a four way head which essentially gives you the equivalent of four LNBs for Sky dishes through SATCURE and other UK companies but unless you already have an aligned SKY dish it is probably easier and cheaper to install separate Lidl dishes.

The digibox / receiver sends instructions to the LNB to there is no equivalent of a 'Y' devider which you could use with a normal TV ariel.

>Does anyone out there know if
>I can take 2 separate
>feeds (to different Tv sets)
>from the same satellite dish?

Yes, but you will need to replace the existing head with a twin output one ...available in French DIY stores or presumably available from advertisers in the magazine.

>Do I need to get
>2 boxes,

Yes, if you want different channels in each room

or can I
>just split the signal somewhere
>in the loft?

Definitely Not!