Sky Subscription

We have finally made the decision to move to France in January next year.  As a concession to the children we want to keep up our sky subscription and take our box.  We have been doing this for holidays and have a dish already set up.  However I have tried all means of being able to keep up the subscription here in England but sky are saying no at every turn, we have asked about having 2 subscriptions at one address - not possible, can we use a post office box as our address - no, can we use our French address - no,we don't know anyone whoes address we can use so at the moment are completely stumped. Any help or ideas gratefully received. We have managed to sort out all our other problems but this seems unsolvable.

Ann

I think that you have shot yourself in the foot if you have told them that you will be in France. They just will not do it as Sky is supposed to be received only in the UK.

There are at least 500 posts on this site about Sky if you can get at them using the search facility, I had trouble doing this this evening, can only see the last 50 posts. Lots of web sites like

http://www.satcure.co.uk/digifaq2.htm

which you can look at. Also suggest you look at the Total France site as this topic has come up several times on there. Just type satellite in the search box.

http://www.totalfrance.com/france/forum/search.php?mode=results

Could you, on paper anyway, have given or sold the box to a friend or neighbour in the UK and get them to take out a subscription? You need all the information about the box to do this or rather your friend does. Without the card you can receive all the BBC channels and many Free to Air channels of little interest. You may be able to receive ITV and CH4 and CH5 as well with an out of date subscription card but someone might like to confirm this. If your subscription has already run out then do you still get those channels? You will not be able to connect the box to a phone line in France and it has been said that you must never ever ring Sky from France except on an English mobile or you will be cut-off for any subscription channels, assuming you have been able to arrange it, or so they say. Good luck with this  ................John in Dept 79 

[quote]In 'Living France Magazine' and other French related prints there are companies that can help you with Sky subscription & products abroad.[/quote]

These are rarely legit, however (due to $ky's licence).

$ky will give 2 subs to the same address (they sell it, after all - a "mirror" sub, £10). Tell they you have already got a box and all you want is the card. DO NOT, as others have advised, tell them you are in France. They MAY cut off your original sub....

I have told sky that we are moving in with my parents but want to keep our own box and subscription.  They say we cannot do this and should upgrade to multiroom, which someone else on this thread said they will check your phone line connection, we could then pay for our own subscription and the additional £10 which we should then charge my parents.  Are you talking about something else?  If so what should I be asking for.