Free website publishing - HELP!

Hi

Have created a website to try and sell our home - will be placing ads in various places and wish to give a link to the website to vastly improve the sales pitch!

BUT

I have used Frontpage to create this site and am now looking for ways to get it on the net - preferably for free. Using the reports option it appears to be 1013kb in size and has multiple pages and photos.

Can anyone suggest the way forward (my ISP is 9online by the way)???

Thanks in advance.

Helen

Hi Helen

You need some webspace - some ISPs throw it in as part of the package, some don't - not sure about 9online. If you used Frontpage you ideally also need Frontpage extensions on your webspace as it makes it dead easy to publish, alternatively you'll need an FTP program (CoreFTP for example - available free on the web - try a Google search) to upload it to the web server. If you're not sure what you're doing you could always try asking a professional.

Hi

I used Netfirms free hosting. It was the only free hosting I could find without the word free in the URL ! Also, you don't need to buy a domain name.

The only drawback is that they put ads on the top of pages. Here is an example :

http://mgs1970.netfirms.com

To get better stats, remove the ads, use your own domain name etc you have to pay.

Their site is here : www.netfirms.com

Bonne chance

Peter

Thanks for that - the website is now live!

Set it up free through netfirms (I can put up with a few ads on the top for this purpose). Had a slight glitch - emailed them for help - they emailed back promptly and now all sorted!

Would recommend this easy route for any other amateur website virgins like myself! (design through Frontpage - publish through netfirms for free (or low fee if no ads or not wanting their name in domain address).

Thanks again - lets see if we can sell house now! 

Helen