Please Help - Lost File!!

First of all apologies since this is nothing to do with France (in particular)!

I am frantic as I can't find a file I saved yesterday - 3 hours work and I have a very short deadline to meet.  I opened the file from an e-mail someone sent me and when I finished completing the document I saved it (twice) but I have just realised that the document was not in my documents folder but apparently (when I go back to the original file attached to the e-mail message) in something called Local Settings /Temporary internet files/Content IE5 but when I look in this folder (I am using Windows XP Home) neither the original nor the updated file exists - just a load of cookies and http thingies.  The file MUST be on my computer somewhere but is not identified in the search engine (what a load of rubbish the search engine is compared to Windows 98!) - does anyone have any ideas - I am getting a bit desperate as I have had very little sleep and have loads more work to do on this document!  I haven't done a disk clean up or anything since saving this file either.

I appreciate any ideas PLEASE!!

Valerie

Hi

Sorry am not an expert - but how about redoing your search but search not using the file name but only the criteria of date modified - then if you dont see anything you recognise as this file the only other thing is to open everything listed - hopefully it will be there hiding under a name you dont recognise (dont ask me why this should be - only the fact it was opened through an email perhaps??)

GOOD LUCK!

Helen

The search facility in XP is very powerful and is available as basic or can be switched to advanced. When in advanced mode it can be configured by the user to look at the file system in a variety of ways.

I am glad that you have found your file!