switch on Sky

we have bought a new Sky card for the free to air channels including ITV, you probably know this already :

the card is called 'freesatcard' for £20 from Sky 0870 606 1111 (for your sat digibox you already may have) - it lasts 3 years, and it allows your sat receiver box to then get ITV1,2 and Ch4 , Ch5 and all the rest of free-to-air.

we have the card, and unlike the old cards there's no need to phone Sky to get it switched on, it is meant to self-activate after 20 minutes or 4 hours. Ours card hasn't, and we may call Sky (on a uk mobile of course, so they don't know where you're phoning from) but wonder if anyone has been down this path already and can offer advice, please

Although this card is supposed to self-active it doesn`t. Phone sky from mobile and they will talk you through getting the info they need. They ask me why I was phoning from mobile, I told them I was on my boat and if I had a land line available I would not be struggling with the signal on my  mobile. They were happy with that, you will need to comfirm your uk address.

It then took 12 hous to activate

regards colin

[quote]Although this card is supposed to self-active it doesn`t. Phone sky from mobile and they will talk you through getting the info they need. They ask me why I was phoning from mobile, I told them I was ...[/quote]

Interesting re: mobile. As I haven't got a UK mobile, I always call $ky from my French landline, number witheld. Noone has ever queried this. I suspect that source of a witheld number is not easy (for a private telephone exchange) to discover. After all, all $ky customers are overseas if they are in Bangalore!