transferring email question

I've just returned from France to UK.

While in France I collected and answered a dozen or so emails on my laptop. It would be more convenient to have these files on the desktop.

Anyone know how to transfer these mails onto my home pc, using a USB memory key? (or any other method)

The laptop is running Outlook 2000 and the home desktop Outlook Express.

For future - I have my laptop set to keep a copy of all emails on the server, so that when I get home I can download them again onto my desktop machine. I read them using webmail (on the laptop) and generally delete all the crap. I don't know about OE but in Entourage (much the same thing) its done under Accounts/Options.

In Entourage there is an option to make an archive of selected mails (File/Export) which can then be kept and read on another machine.

Cabman,

I have my laptop and desktop set up as Dick suggests so that if I download an e-mail onto my laptop first I can still download another copy when I connect my desktop to the internet.

If you want to ensure you can download a copy of any e-mail onto your desktop that you have already downloaded on your laptop, do the following on your laptop:

To set this up if you are using Microsoft Outlook Express, open OE then go to - Tools | Accounts… | (Click once on the e-mail account you are using) | Properties | Advanced

and tick the Leave a copy of messages on  server box.

If you are using Microsoft Outlook, open Outlook then go to – Tools | E-mail Accounts… | View or change existing e-mail accounts | (Next) | Click once on the e-mail account you are using) | Change… | More settings | Advanced

and tick the Leave a copy of messages on  server box.

The above as Dick says would help you with any future e-mails you receive.  The only way I can think of now getting a copy of the e-mails from your laptop onto your desktop is to first set up your laptop as described above and then open and forward each of the e-mails you have received / sent to your own e-mail address.  You’ll then be able to download them onto your desktop.

There may be a simpler way but I’ve tried this and it works!