Hello

Ive been looking into receiving Sky tv whilst I'm living in Paris. I've read through the various posts regarding receiving Sky tv on the forum and just wondered whether I could double check something. I understand that I can purchase a digibox in the UK and then obtain a Sky card using an address in the UK (which is no problem as I can use my parents' address, which is also my credit card billing address), and that the card then needs to be activated by phoning Sky. However I gather from the previous posts that its quite risky to phone from a french telephone number as then Sky will figure out that I'm not in the UK. Is it the case that someone else (family member say) can pretend to be me and activate the card in the UK whilst I'm in France or is it the type of thing where you actually need to be sitting in front of the box and pressing things? And if it is the latter perhaps conference calling is an option?!

Any advice gratefullly received - thank you very much.

Hubber

There is no reason why your card can't be activated by a relative in the UK.  However, you will have to give them the card and digibox details which the Sky representative will demand.  You will have to leave your digibox connected to its satellite dish and switched on.