Paul

Thanks for that. I've been to the Mozilla site. Can I believe everything it's telling me or are there any direct comparisons where it scores over IE? If it's just a subjective thing is it easy to uninstal if I try it and don't like it or is it one of those invasive pieces of software that are dificult to get rid of?

Benjamin

I use it all the time now and would not switch back to

IE.  Whilst there seem many good reasons

such as security and the like, for me the thing I like most when using it is

the ability to open different sites (or different pages from the same site – in

fact any link) in a different tab (or a different window) – IE only allows a “new

window” unless you use the rather poor MSN tabbed browsing extension which does

not come close to Firefox.  Basically,

for each page you have opened in a new tab you have a “tab” across the top and

you can instantly view the page by clicking on the tab (or just moving the

mouse over the tab) – which makes switching between pages very quick.

There are many other small features that I find make Firefox

much easier to use but a lot of it must depend on how you use your browser and

personal preferences.

Ian

There are many other small features that I find make Firefox much easier to use but a lot of it must depend on how you use your browser and personal preferences.

I agree. Having tried both, I still prefer IE6, but a lot of people find Firefox better. I have no problem with switching between multiple windows in IE, I do it all the time, as with OE, Word, and other MS programs, which is probably why I found Firefox's alternative way not to my own taste.

Do try Firefox if you want, if you don't like it then it is very simple to just get rid of it. It shouldn't affect any other prgrams.

Thanks to all three of you; Ian for always being spot on, Will for his reassurance (you realise your middle name is no longer "adventure" when you start paying the insurance renewal the day it hits the doormat) and Paul for his confidence in the product.

Benjamin