Is it repairable..........?

Our Grundig digibox has "frozen" on one channel and will not respond to either the remote control or by pressing the manual selection buttons on the front of the digibox.We've had a number of trouble free years of service from it.

The questions: is it repairable and secondly is it worth repairing appropros the likely cost?

We fortunately have a spare digibox for such an eventuality so  there is no pressure on to get it repaired.

Benjamin

If you look at the www.satcure.co.uk web site you will find a lot of information on troubleshooting and repairing all makes of digibox. Apparently the Grundig boxes are prone to power supply problems, and an upgraded part is available through that site. We have two Grundig boxes, one at each house in France and England, and have found them perfectly satisfactory, but having said that I now expect one of them to fail.

Edit - just a thought, but have you tried the usual fixes of disconnecting the power for at least 30 seconds, or forcing a software download? Both of the above are explained on the above site.

Ever the optimist, I plugged the offending digibox back in this morning and it's now working fine. I have in the past unplugged the digibox for 10 minutes or so when stuck with the message "Searching for Listings" but I didn't realise that unplugging it is a cure all for other problems as well.

Benjamin