Tele2 as internet provider

Forgive me if this has been commented on already; a quick search suggested not.

Does anyone use tele2 as their internet provider for broadband ?   If so, what do you think of them? 

We are thinking of changing from Wanadoo as Tele2 are offering what seems to be a good deal on  broadband and free phone calls for €17.50 for the first 3 months then €25 therafter.

http://www.tele2.fr/internet/haut-debit/adsl.html

This isn't much more than we currently pay just for broadband. 

Any constructive comments/opinions?  Thanks.

Once again the Internet providers do their utmost to confuse people, the offer at 25€ a month is only available in those areas where Tele2 have their own lines. In essence that is going to be in the major cities.

Outside of those areas the cost is 33.85€ + 2.50€ for the modem + 5.10€ if you do not take  their preselection phone service, a total of 41.45€ a month.

Free (www.free.fr) were the company that first introduced unlimited international calls to the unlimited local call package within the monthly cost of broadband and their package costs 29.99€ a month, including the modem router and you do not have to change your FT phone to their preselection service unless you wish to do so.

Tele 2 charge you 49€ for terminating the contract, Free charge 96€ less 3€ for each month you have subscribed to the service to cover the cost of the Freebox which is a multimedia player as well as modem router.

You really have to read the small print with internet service providers and with mobile phone service providers, the headline rate is rarely all that it seems.

All that said - you will always find someone cheaper than Wannado!

Thank you for your helpful reply; I was certainly getting entheusiastic about that offer - I guess it 's correct that if something looks too good to be true then it usually is!

We'll look into the Free service as you described.

Bonne soirée.