English phone working in france

I was looking around my local Brico, the DIY store in Sainte Foy La Grande.

In the section on TV and phone connectors I saw the French male telephone sockets with different leads and outlets as well as a variety of extension leads of differnet lengths.

There were some that came out with a lead to that tiny plastic connector, think it's known as an RJ45.

That is the one that seems to be in the body of my BT phone in the UK. Also there were some adaptors that had the RJ45 as a tiny socket in the French male connector. Looks like connections are getting easier to obtain in France.

Does any know of any problems trying to connect phones in France especially the mobile ones with a base station and multiple handsets, do they all ring properly for instance.

More2Learn.

[quote user="More2Learn"]

I was looking around my local Brico, the DIY store in Sainte Foy La Grande.

In the section on TV and phone connectors I saw the French male telephone sockets with different leads and outlets as well as a variety of extension leads of differnet lengths.

There were some that came out with a lead to that tiny plastic connector, think it's known as an RJ45.

That is the one that seems to be in the body of my BT phone in the UK. Also there were some adaptors that had the RJ45 as a tiny socket in the French male connector. Looks like connections are getting easier to obtain in France.

Does any know of any problems trying to connect phones in France especially the mobile ones with a base station and multiple handsets, do they all ring properly for instance.

More2Learn.

[/quote]

RJ11 is the correct name for the telephone type connectors. RJ45 is for ethernet connections on computer networks.