lost satellite signal in 87

hi

after yet another storm we have totally lost signal - does anyone else have this problem in 87 (close to st yrieix la perche)?

have tried unplugging skybox which worked last time, but this time no joy - have no signal strength or quality and other box says 'unlocked' not sure what that means.     any suggestions (within reason !) gratefully accepted.

thanks

My dish is pretty solidly fixed to a wall and not too exposed. However, last night, I noticed that despite having excellent signal level and quality it did briefly pixellate. I then noticed that this corresponded to the very strong wind gusts - so the dish must have been being buffeted around a bit. Thus, possible that your dish has been moved slightly in the winds ?

Ian

Yep !  That would be my guess. Here in 23 (next door to 87) the weather was very stormy last night. My dish is dead butch and solidly bolted to a stone wall, yet in storms it flexes. Watching P & P last night the picture would briefly freeze for a frame or two, but the sound would continue uninterrupted so it would be out of sinc for a couple of seconds, or freeze and then jump. It was like watching a badly edited 50 year-old film !

So, yes, if it was as bad for you in 87 then my guess is that the wind has indeed blown the dish slightly off its setting.

Strong constant wind isn't usually much of a problem, it gusts that cause the problems and it sure was gusty last night !

p