telephone/computer connections

Hi All expect this has been gone over before apologies,are all the computer/tv/internet points and connecters the same as in the UK,can one bring a computer to France,I know a TV is not possible,and where is the best place to buy a landline phone with message function etc

What is the best deal for isp with telephone service is there an English speaking advice line,sorry if this post irritates the ones who have been there and done that,hope you can help

regards Don

[quote user="DON"]

Hi All expect this has been gone over before

apologies,are all the computer/tv/internet points and connecters the

same as in the UK,can one bring a computer to France,I know a TV is not

possible,and where is the best place to buy a landline phone with

message function etc

What is the best deal for isp with telephone service is there an

English speaking advice line,sorry if this post irritates the ones who

have been there and done that,hope you can help

regards Don

[/quote]

What a lot of questions all at once for someone who'se been a member since Jan '06!

"...are all the computer/tv/internet points and connecters the same as in the UK?"

No. French ones are quite different, however you can buy replacement leads for phones, modems and computers, also ADSL filters in the supermarkets.

".....can one bring a computer to France?"

Well, yes... But I suspect you mean will it work here. Yes. See Internet FAQ's at the top of this section.

"....I know a TV is not

possible"

It is with a Sky box and a scart lead : again see FAQ TV at the top of the section.

There isn't any one golden ISP deal; if there was we'd all be using it. It depends on what elements are important to you, and what is technically available to you in your area.

France Telecom has an English-speaking helpline apparently andI've no doubt somone reading this will be able to post a link for it.

As for phone message function, FT offers (free) an equivalent of 1471 which is 3103.

Hope some of this helps.

p

Thanks Cathy great threads all the answers I need,yes joined on New Years Day always on call over Xmas so bright and breezy Jan 1st ,could not log on for long time, details did not match ,so still a Living France novice but thanks for all your patience and info. 

regards Don