logging off the orange website.

Just discovered this just now...

if I go to www.orange.fr I am automatically taken to the "espace client" where I can get webmail, change subscriptions, pay bills etc etc. It doesnt ask me for password etc, it just goes direct. I assume because I have logged in at some point in the past, all the details have been kept.

I dont want this though, as I have a public access computer here for guests at the gite, and this is private stuff. It makes no difference if I use my own laptop on the wifi, or the gite pc which is on the ethernet cable, I always get the espace client site...I have never logged on from the gites pc, so I assume the log-in is stored in the modem?. It not a live-box its an aftermarket adsl thing.

I have spent the last 10 minutes fruitlessly trying, but i cant log off the bloody site. Clearing the computers cookies does nothing, re-starting the modem does nothing, I have found where to click on the site to change to a different user, but I dont have a different account, it simply wont let me just log off.

help?

Next to your name at the top left of the screen, you will see two little figures - one with a cross beside it and another with arrows. Clicking on the one with the cross will log you out. The next time you fo tto the Orange site it should say identifier vous (or something spelled better!) When you log on, check that the box asking to remember this user is not ticked.

Phew, go there in the end..

Because I am the account holder, it appears to be impossible to log off from my "home" computer system. I created a second user account with orange, logged into that account, then logged out of it ( its possible to log out a second user, but not the main one seemingly) it now asks me to log in the main user,which obviously I wont be doing.

What a completely stupid, insecure farce of a system.

with Orange it not the loging on/off its the user account that is looked at in other word your user name fti/****** then your mot de passe de conexion that give the account opening facility. If you set up two email accounts on the same user account it will asked which account you want to sign in. So the only way that your account can be accessed if from  a PC/mac that has your account details on it fti/****** etc or your email address and your  email password. 

The point is, that all of our guests here have access to internet through this modem, either by wifi or ethernet cable. Anyone typing orange.fr on any computer here, even their own laptop on my network would go straight to MY espace client and be able to access all my personal details, billing information etc etc. The orange website does NOT ask for a password, simply because I have logged in as the main user on the orange website in the past, it assumes I will always want to be the main user on this computer network and wont let me log out.

Hence me having to set up a dummy second user account, log into that, then log out of it ( the website allows logging out of and switching between all other accounts) so that it once again demands a password to log in as the main user.