iphone heeeelllllllppppp!

Santa has been very kind in giving me an iphone for Christmas but I'm having a nightmare getting it to work, It's on O2 the number has changed over and I can now phone and Txt but nout else!

I've opened an itunes account purchased an album but don't seem to be able to download it to the phone, so I thought I'd try a free podcast still no luck I also can't send or retrieve email but its says that it has synced successfully and is connect to wifi with full strength but nothing, and comes up with the error message smtp.tiscali.co.uk has failed. I've checked in settings to make sure that my email account password has been entered and it has, I've also tried to do it when I switched the firewall off still didn't work. I've never had an ipod so am not very familiar with itunes but I can't find an answer on the site, there is nothing in the box ans the o2 shop aren't answering the phone so I'm at a loss what to try next, there has been tears and I'm getting a headache! why can't they give you an instruction sheet with the phone?

The whole point of getting this bleeding phone was so I could use the tinterent and pick up email when I'm in france, the advertisment made it look sooo easy[8-)]

Yep, I've done that and on both the phone and itunes site say that its successfully synced but, no email, internet etc and when I look in settings on the phone at wifi, when its hard wired it says that there is a good connection and has a tick next to it which I assume mean its working but its not

The phone had been set to go straight to voicemail, so once that was eventually switched off it did sync so now have everything but tunes, OH said the over forties shouldn' be given such new technology, it causes too much stress[geek]