Fishing

I have just bought a property in Brittany. The village is called Plounevez Du Fou and is in the central Finistare region.
I would like to hear from anyboy with information on fishing in this area. IE: Good waters, fishing seasons, permits required and where to buy them. Also any rules on baits and methods.

Hi, John,

Not in your area of Brittany but in the Morbihan region , we are renovating a house a couple of hundred meters from the Blavet river , supposed to be one of the best coarse and game rivers in Brittany , if not France.
We are hoping to do a bit of B&B when we move there , so had a brief look at fishing in general , with a view to advertising in Fishing mags. It seems that most fishing is in the hands of local associations who fish the rivers around each town or village `Associations pour la Peche et la Protection du Milieu Aquatique ( APPMAs) who have a reciprocal arrangement with all others in a departement , the taxe pisciole ( rod licence ) is stuck on your annual membership card. There is also a Carte Vacances which is valid for 15 consecutive days between 1st June and 30th September for 150francs including club membership and taxe complete. The place to go and enquire is your local tackle shop.
Sorry but don`t know the answers to the rest of your questions , but I suspect the local tackle shop will !

With regards
J&M