Free fr voicemail settings

Having just switched to free.fr for phone as well as internet, I find that Free's automatic voicemail settings have overridden the availability of our old answering machine. I cannot find any way to either disable the automatic messagerie or change the default (French) outgoing message which is very confusing for most of our callers from the UK. Their help pages tell you all about getting messages by email etc but not the most basic question. Anybody solved this?

Steve

Many thanks for such a quick reply...message changed!

Also just found the "deactivate" item, but will try leaving it at 60 seconds (which seems to be the maximum) before going over. Phone is not very conveniently placed until I get some extensions to work! While I have an expert to hand, is there anywhere on the phone that shows there are waiting messages ? I got the added beeps in the dial tone and they seem to have lots of fancy options for sending them to a computer but I can't see the equivalent of a flashing red light. Maybe I'm just not looking in the right place...

I listen for the beeps in the dial tone.

A usefull feature is *351*# which will block an unwanted caller, I have blocked thousands but beware, you cannot unblock one when you cut off a family member by mistake you can only delete the whole list, if you have an unwanted caller leave an an ansswerphone message be really carefull that they were the last caller before blocking them, dont block a call that you didnt answer, you will end up blocking the last one that you did, probably a friend or family.

[quote user="Chancer"]

I listen for the beeps in the dial tone.

A usefull feature is *351*# which will block an unwanted caller, I have blocked thousands but beware, you cannot unblock one when you cut off a family member by mistake you can only delete the whole list, if you have an unwanted caller leave an an ansswerphone message be really carefull that they were the last caller before blocking them, dont block a call that you didnt answer, you will end up blocking the last one that you did, probably a friend or family.

[/quote]

Does this feature work with Orange and also does it work with "number withheld" or "out of area" calls which are a right pain in the ar$e