Spaniel/s wanted for family to replace our dearly missed Herbie

Very sadly our beautiful English Springer Herbie passed away yesterday. Both I and the family are distraught as he was so much a part of our life and had been a gret companion over 13 and a half years.

We are looking to home either one or two spaniels as we love the breed and would like to offer a home if anyone knows of any spaniels looking for a good home. We are based in the lot-et-garonne and have 1.3 hectared of land for the dog/s to frolic in and are surrounded by countryside.

If you know of any out there please let us know as I am sure it would help the lonelyness created by Herbies absence!

Thankyou in advance

Ben

• 6 months later...

Hi there,

Don't know if you are still looking for a dog or dogs, but we recently rescued a Springer Spaniel called Charlie (4yo) and his friend, Murphy (collie x - 6 yo).  If you want more info, go to this website: inthevendee.com under Animals/Pets, or TotalFrance.com - there are photos of them there too.  Their English owners moved back to UK not realising, until the day before, that their passports weren't up to date.  They had decided to have them put down instead of kenneling them so we stepped in.

If you have already found a dog, I am glad and hope that all is going well now.  If you know of anyone who might be interested, I would be most grateful if you could pass on the message.

Thank you,

Sarah

• 2 weeks later...
Sarros - what a splendid thing you did stepping in to rescue the two doggies - well done!  It makes my blood boil reading about all the Brits that are piling back to the UK and just leaving their dogs behind hoping others will step into the breach or abandoning them to uncertain futures in a country that doesn' t exactly have a brilliant record for caring for unwanted dogs!  It's inconceivable to me how they can do it with such disregard for these poor creatures.  I know that some people have genuine reasons and it's a real shame (though I DO question how life back in dear old Blighty right now could be better than finding a way to stick it out here given all we read in the press...??) and I believe there will be those who genuinely care what happens to their animals and think ahead and do their best to make arrangements.  But how the devil do you get to the day before you leave and not check the dogs' passports? Other stories/pathetic excuses mostly,  you read, equally beggar belief and it makes us no better than the people we dare to be critical about here in this country.  I thought we were better than that and I think people should think very very hard about taking on these poor dogs who already have had a bad time in most cases and then just dumping them.  We have three rescued dogs and life isn't always easy but if ever it came to the crunch, our dogs are family and respected for the joy they bring us and the part they play in our lives - where we go, they go too no matter how inconvenient or difficult, there is always a way........... would be like leaving the kids for heaven sake, only worse as the dogs can't speak!

Grrrr from the Aveyron!  Get a grip you miserable Brits and be loyal to your pets!!