CASTRO the beagle (a dog from the Refuge in Cahors who urgently needs a new home) - NEW HOME FOUND!!!

Anyone for a gorgeous beagle??  Just look at that face!  Castro is one of the dogs from the Refuge in Cahors, but he is currently

in a foster home near Tulle (the Refuge is still over full).  The lady would love to keep him, but she

can’t as she has also has house rabbits (which would

normally have the run of her house - too much temptation for Castro). 

Plus she is by a busy road and her garden is not fully fenced. 

Castro is 6 years old, vaccinated, castrated and micro chipped.  Medium size - weighs about 17 kilos.  He loves children, is fine with other dogs and even sheep - but not rodents and probably not chickens either!  Not sure about cats as there are none in his foster home - but he would probably be ok with a careful introduction. 

He is very affectionate, calm and sociable.  He can be left at home without causing any destruction and is clean indoors.  But obviously he would love to find a new family who will spend time with him.  He does not need masses of land, but will need a secure garden.  He came into the Refuge with another dog in April after a terribly tragic family drama - a woman murdered her husband and child, the other child escaped to neighbours! 

Castro can be re-homed anywhere in France, transport can be arranged if necessary. 

[IMG]http://i760.photobucket.com/albums/xx241/FRANCOISE46/PHOTOS%20REFUGE%20CANIN%20CAHORS%20%20TEL%200565226632/Castro5.jpg[/IMG]

Jouals

Castro is still waiting to find a new home!!  Anyone out there for him?  He really would make someone a loving companion....  He is quick to learn and a bit of a couch potato given the chance!

[IMG]http://i760.photobucket.com/albums/xx241/FRANCOISE46/PHOTOS%20REFUGE%20CANIN%20CAHORS%20%20TEL%200565226632/Castro2.jpg[/IMG]

Jouals

There must be someone out there for this lovely boy!  He is doing so well in his foster home and will make someone a great family dog.  Sadly his foster home just cannot keep him, although he is making himself at home - as you can see.  Please pass the word to anyone you can think of for Castro - he would so love to find a new permanent home!!!  Any beagle lovers out there!!? 

His foster mum tells me he cried like a wounded soul this week, she rushed out to see why, when the pompiers came by - he was inconsolable for a while - perhaps remembering the terrible tragedy that took place at his old home.

As I said, transport is no problem to get him to the right home.  It is inconceivable to think that he might have to return to the Refuge (where conditions are dire) and we are relying on the kindness of his foster mum to keep him for as long as she can.  But the sooner he is found a new home, the better!! 

[IMG]http://i760.photobucket.com/albums/xx241/FRANCOISE46/PHOTOS%20REFUGE%20CANIN%20CAHORS%20%20TEL%200565226632/Castro8.jpg[/IMG]

Jouals

• 2 weeks later...
I am just bumping this up again to help Castro's foster mum as I know she is doing all she can to try and find him a permanent home - she would love to keep him, but her circumstances don't allow her to.  So - he is still there waiting to find a loving new home! 

Jouals

• 4 weeks later...
At last!!! - fingers crossed - good news for Castro the beagle.  He has been adopted by a family with 2 children!

He will live on a farm with 2ha of fenced land, will have a "copine" - a cairn terrier and has already met the family cat without incident!  As long as everything settles down ok, he has landed on his paws!!  His foster mum will be sad to see him go, he has had a wonderful time with her.  But it is a big relief that he has hopefully found a permanent home.

Jouals