Not very hot tumble dryer

We recently bought a new tumble dryer from But. Even on maximum setting it takes an absolute age to dry anything. About 5 or 6 times as long as we'd expect in UK. This is a real pain because one of its prime uses was to be to wash and dry all our bedding on day of departure so that it would be ready for the next visit. Does anyone know if this is something to do with the electricity supply?

Nick O'D

LAST EDITED ON 12-Jun-04 AT 09:16 AM (BST)

I have a Faure dryer and I think it takes about as long as the one I had in the UK. The dial has two settings, one for synthetics at a lower heat and the maximum time on the dial is 80 minutes, I usually go for about 70 depending on the articles. The higher heat setting for cottons haa a maximum time of 120 minutes and I rarely use it but I would expect towels to be dry in an hour. I wonder if you have a french washing machine with a low spin speed (this is quite common) so the items are not coming out as dry as they would with a UK machine. Does the instruction book give any clues how long a cycle should take and what the maximum load is, maybe you are putting too much in? The electricity supply in France is to all intents and purposes the same as the UK AFAIK.

If the machine is faulty I think you will find BUT pretty helpful.

For gite bedding I have 3 sets per bed to be on the safe side.

Liz (29)