Info on the Hague Convention contract - hope this helps!

In the hope of helping others who need some info about the "new" type of contract which our notaire told us is replacing the Tontine Clause in popularity, here is the link to the place where I found most ot my information:
http://www.frenchentree.com/fe-legal/documents/DepinnaFrenchInheritanceAndTaxPlanning2003.pdf

Scroll down to page 9 of the pdf file for info about the "Hague Convention contract" or "La Communaut Universelle (Marriage Contract)" section for advice that we found very helpful, as we did not have the foggiest idea where to start and were terrified of signing the wrong thing.
Several people have contacted me following my "a big thank you.." post, and I really don't want to tell people the wrong thing, or give the impression that I know a lot about it. Everything we based our decision on came from the above-mentioned article and from a very helpful notaire, we just struck lucky with her!
I can highly recommend the practice of Maitre Olivier ARENS at Gumen sur Scorff, near Pontivy, we dealt with Mme Gaelle GRAVAT and her PA, Mme Sandrine Grard. I cannot speak highly enough of everyone at the practice, especially after all the horror stories we had read about some of the notaires elsewhere.
Good luck to everyone thinking of buying in the near future!
Rosemary

Hi, thank you for the very helpful link. We are actually in the process of having this done. On the top of page 11 of the document from your link it states that "you need an opinion from a lawyer in the country where the spouses have their matrimonial domicile that the Law will permit them to adopt a French regime for French property". We are actually using an English solicitor that deals with French property, I assume that this is correct and this does not mean that we also need a French based lawyer's opinion. Can you please tell me how this worked for you?